Placement Student - 2018/19
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic engineering student interested in a year-long placement, starting at the beginning of July 2018. The position is open to all engineering disciplines, although Mechanical, Automotive, Aeronautical, Electrical or Software are preferred.
Being a small company, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the projects which suit you best, letting you create your own path during your placement and having a large amount of responsibility to do work that you are interested in. Your role as a placement student will be to provide assistance to all divisions of our company.
The role will involve working closely with our highly-qualified staff in any of these areas:
- Mechanical design
- Software development
- Project engineering (including practical on-site work)
- Electrical or electronic engineering
- Ability to use CAD software for modelling and design
- Matlab or equivalent programming knowledge desirable
- Motivated with a positive attitude
- Determination to ensure tasks are performed accurately and completed on time
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems beneficial but not essential
- Excellent communication skills for liaison with clients and employees
- Strong teamwork ethic
- External interests outside of work
- Prepared to travel if required
Salary is £15,000 for the year. You must be studying an engineering discipline and achieving a 2.2 or higher.
If you need to relocate, accommodation can be acquired at the Royal Holloway university (2 miles away) which the company can assist you with.
...more about Servotest
Servotest Testing Systems is a UK-based specialist supplier of innovative custom servo-hydraulic mechanical testing solutions. We strive to provide a friendly and flexible approach to delivering cost-effective and innovative test solutions.
Our testing systems include 4 to 8 post hydraulic simulators for cars and motor sport industries, Damper Testing Machines, Multi-Axis Shake Tables for earthquake simulation and load frames for component testing.
Our clients range from multi-national corporations to smaller regional specialist organisations from many countries around the World. This includes companies such as AMG Mercedes, Red Bull Racing and Triumph Motorcycles.